Monday, March 29, 2010

Quotes Round 2


Some more to share for Monday:

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” J.K. Rowling (yes, this is from Harry Potter!)

“Don’t use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you’ve been to college.” Kurt Vonnegut

“I can see the sun, but even if I cannot see the sun, I know that it exists. And to know that the sun is there—that is living.” Fyodor Dostoevsky

“If you haven’t the strength to impose your own terms upon life, then you must accept the terms it offers you.” T.S. Eliot

“If funkytown were a trailer park, this guy would be a double wide.” Maya Angelou (I love this woman!!)

“And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” J.K. Rowling (Ms. Rowling, you are my hero!!!!)

“Insanity is relative. It depends on who has locked who in what cage.” Ray Bradbury

“The insane, on occasion, are not without their charms.” Kurt Vonnegut (He is AWESOME!)

“The writer is always tricking the reader into listening to their dream.” Joan Didion

“I’ve never any pity for conceited people, because I think they carry their comfort about them.” George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment