Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quotes


So, recently I have been looking up quotes from some of my favorite authors (plus a few actors)—you can probably tell since I have added some of them to my blog! I decided to share a few on random topics. Some are fun, or poignant, or just plain awesome. This is why I love reading. These are my heroes! I hope you find some you like!

“At some point in life, the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.” Toni Morrison

“How can anyone deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It is beyond me.” Zora Neale Hurston

“Trees and plants always look like the people they live with somehow.” Zora Neale Hurston

“Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.” William Faulkner

“I’m bad, and I’m going to Hell, and I don’t care. I’d rather be in Hell than anywhere you are.” William Faulkner

“Even amidst fierce flames, the golden lotus can be planted.” Inscribed on Sylvia Plath’s tombstone

“There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know any of them.” Sylvia Plath

“I don’t care what the critics say. My fabulous mom will give me a good review if nobody else does.” Ginger Rogers

“Old age is no place for sissies.” Bette Davis

“That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.” F. Scott Fitzgerald

“You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd.” Flannery O’Connor

“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.” Kurt Vonnegut

“Nothing is as obnoxious as other people’s luck.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald

I’ll post some more later…
Oh yeah, the picture isn't creepy, I like it--the book is reaching out to her, get it?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment